Our first week home with the little Princess was actually quite a blur...but I hear that is totally normal so I am glad we are "normal" - as if anything will ever be normal again. On to a new normal I suppose. :)
Emily had a bit of jaundice so we have already been to the doctor's office twice. She is fine- no lights or blankets and we like Dr. Miller a lot. I think the people at Laurelwood are going to be great and it is so close to the house. I really like that. She was already back to 6lbs, 8oz on our second visit so her weight is doing what it's supposed to. I am really unsure about what she is getting when I breastfeed so it's confusing and frustrating at times but I am determined to hang in there. Dr. Miller has had us supplement formula at some feeding to add to- just to make sure she is getting enough and gaining weight like she should. I forgot to take a picture at her first visit- bad mama! so I will do it when we go back for what would have been her first check up at two weeks.
Other things from our first week home...
- Sean and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary on the day we came home from the hospital
- Emily turned one week old on Friday, May 6th. I can't believe she's been here a whole week
- Emily wore her first "Derby Day" hat for the Kentucky Derby on Saturday- Animal Kingdom was the long shot winner.
- She had her first sponge bath at home and we washed her hair
- She got her first "blue box" from Tiffany- from Mama Sheryl and Mama Janie- SPOILED!
- My first Mother's Day - which was surreal and sweet. Emily and her Daddy know how to spoil Mama!
 |
mama hope, you are such a great little blogger! emily will love reading this one day. i love, love, love the three generations pic- what a priceless memory! :) can't wait to come see y'all soon!
ReplyDelete